Thursday, October 7, 2010

Brook A. - Derive

I derived with Charlie, Claudine, and Sophia bright and early on a beautiful Saturday. Although rolling out of bed before eleven was difficult, it was most definitely worth it. The air was so fresh, with a hint of chill that was offset by the bright sun. Life here is so focused, so driven; it was refreshing to relax my focus and appreciate the vivid environment in which I work. I loved the discoveries we made: a bargain thrift shop, a cute coffee shop with some delicious apple cider, and swings! I love swings; they’re so freeing and full of childish fun. I like how swings also don’t really have a purpose, a destination. Just back and forth, enjoying the wind in your hair and ground growing farther away and then zooming close, over and over.

The derive was a wonderful way to start my Saturday, relaxing me and bringing me closer to my environment. It also inspired me to begin to paint again. I want to start a piece using the derive idea, just seeing where time takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment