Thursday, October 7, 2010

Initially, I thought of the dérive as mostly a way to relax, be a little mischievous and take some time off from my other assignments. This was part of what I got out of the experience, but I found the ability to detach myself from the idea a set goal/destination to be extremely satisfying. At the start of our journey, I told myself that I would choose my path based on what caught my interest and that I would explore and interact with anything that stood out to me. This mindset, paired with the ideas of my two other group members, led us to have a really fun adventure.
As we voyaged through Fox Point exploring things, climbing things and taking time to notice new things, we encountered so much that we tend to ignore during our time on campus. I particularly enjoyed seeing the daily lives of the people that live here with their families-- working and having hobbies, the children growing up here-- having our surroundings be the vessel for all of their "firsts." It was so refreshing.
Our trip ended up with us seeing the Gano St. bridge from afar and being inspired enough to go visit it. I don't like heights, but the spirit of this activity was enough to make me not think too much about that.
Below are some of the pictures that Warren took!







No comments:

Post a Comment