Thursday, October 7, 2010

Molly Junck - Derive Reflections

I am not the type of person that goes on walks. Like so many others, if I am walking, it's because I have a destination. The derive was a good experience just to explore and really take in what surrounds us all the time. My group of Jocelyn, Katherine and I went downtown across the river. One of the first things we found was
a memorial of the Irish Famine, which I must have seen from a distance many times but never thought to go examine. Jocelyn noticed this clay thing attached to the a tree from a hundred feet away, and when we went to check it out, there was no explanation. It was a little celebration of Providence that someone had put up and no one had taken down. We walked through areas of downtown which I have never had the time nor direct reason to go explore. We found a gigantic mural designed (though not painted) by Shepard Fairey that was finished just a couple of months ago, streets that diverged and beautiful buildings with stories to tell.

Irish Famine Memorial:
Providence:

Shepard Fairey:



No comments:

Post a Comment