Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Paige Gilley - Derive


            Our derive was an interesting experience. Leigh, Megan, and I decided to start our derive from the Main Green and I decided to take some photos of campus because I realized that I walk through campus every day but I never stop to take in my surroundings. I feel like I’m always rushing around campus trying to get somewhere and I never really stop to appreciate its beauty. I mean we all know that Brown has a gorgeous campus, but I think many of us forget to stop every once in awhile and to take it all in.
            After walking through campus a bit, we started to wander. Where exactly I couldn’t tell you because I am the most directionally challenged person ever. I do know that we went over a bridge and ended up in Rumford. However, Megan mapped out our path below so please refer to that if you’re curious. J We took a nice long walk with plenty to observe. I was a little uncomfortable with the derive idea at first because we had no idea where we were going and I was scared we would get lost. Once we got pretty far though, I was able to relax and actually enjoy our walk. My favorite part was admiring the houses we walked by because they are so different from what we have on the west coast in California. Below are some photos I took on our derive.



            

No comments:

Post a Comment