Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Megan Nolet Derive

I can say I have never taken a derive before in my life, and it was a very different yet refreshing experience. I sometimes feel like I'm going a million miles an hour just trying to get around to places throughout my day, so to simply just travel with no end goal was almost uncomfortable for me. 


Paige, Leigh and I started out at on Brown's Campus after Saturday morning practice and just started walking. We ended up walking through campus, then walking east on Angell for quite a bit, then crossing the Henderson Bridge where we took a moment to watch the crew teams in the river, and ending our derive on Massasoit Ave. It was such a beautiful day, and I vividly remember the sun beating down on my back while the cool breeze pushed us further. Looking back, I noticed how it would be easy to simply walk this route and not notice the beauty of the nature around you, or say hello to the other walkers you pass. I got to take in Rhode Island's beauty while learning my way around. Needless to say, I would love to derive again, for it was a very relaxing experience and a nice break from my homework :)


Our Derive Path:



No comments:

Post a Comment