Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sophia Diaz - Derive

Okay, so our derive was actually pretty awesome. We didn't expect it to be, since it began at 9:30 AM on a Saturday morning...but Charlie, Brook, Claudine and I ended up bonding and having a good time (lolz). We ate breakfast together at the ratty then we derived toward East Providence, as I later found out. The weather was beyond perfect and we went through a tiny residential street that we had never seen before.

The houses in providence are absolutely beautiful...and being from Miami, I had never seen any leaves other than the color green--it was shocking. Anyways, we went down and took pictures of the sights and ended up finding (Well...Brook, Claudine and I...) a really cute, secret vintage store. We made Charlie go in too while we window shopped (don't hate us Charlie). Then we went to a small cafe where we ended up having coffee and hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks! It made me really happy. On the way back we ended up playing in the playground (where there was also a toddler...whatever...it brought out the inner child in each of us).

I hadn't been on a swing in ages...this was the first time in a long time that I walked around without any purpose and it felt really good. It was definitely a relaxing and fun way to start my Saturday morning and I was glad we were forced to not do homework and not have any expectations for once, haha. I've included some pictures that I took (stay tuned for some drawings/paintings, because the houses were so cute I just have to replicate one of them...) and on the way back, there was an old couple walking together and they kept holding hands and stuff.
It was the cutest thing in the world so I was a creeper and took a picture of them too.




















--sophi diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment