Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Megan's Response, Reproduction, and Pictures from our Feast :)

In response to Walter Benjamin's essay, I think there is a certain essence about a reproduction that while it is not as special or unique as the original, it holds value in its creativity and accessibility. Most artists have produced reproductions before, but what exactly qualifies as a reproduction? I would even go as far as to wonder what does not qualify as a reproduction. For example, in my mind, looking at a landscape and then proceeding to take a picture or paint it would render it a reproduction, for it is not the original object. Even these past few weeks, as a class we made reproductions when using photoshop to alter images we copied. I see reproductions in a positive light, for without them what we call "art" would be very different today.

Here is my reproduction:
Original-

My Reproduction-
In regards to what I changes, obviously it is a bit different due to the fact it is quite hard to draw a perfect replication of a digital image. I also changed her face paint design.

On a different note, here are just a few pics from our delish feast last thursday!





No comments:

Post a Comment