Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Katharine Mead - What is Art? / Business Card

Art should make us pause, even for a second, and think or admire or marvel.  This could be due to beauty, creativity, novelty, oddity, or a simple break from routine.  Essentially, art brings us new perspectives and forces us to notice what we may otherwise overlook.  We always see the world through our own eyes and within the boundaries of our own minds.  Although it is impossible to fully imagine the mind of another, art challenges us to try.  (for today's different perspective, check out the stylized work of Charley Harper)

I also really enjoy art that uses ordinary materials in extraordinary ways, like this stop-motion film by PES.




For my business card, I tried to capture the many roles and identities I can exhibit.  The card has two parts - a traditional rectangular business card and an attached cardstock wheel that turns to complete the sentence.  I enjoyed the challenge of working with Photoshop for the first time and I hope to do more with it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment