Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1 - Katie Deutsch: What is art?

(I wrote this as a comment to Sophi's post, but now realize how to make my own post.)

This is art to me.

http://www.guggenheim.org/bilbao
(ignore the ones not in Bilbao)

Gehry is a genius.

In class Thursday I mentioned that I think art should make you question, wonder; it should instill some sort of curiosity about what the artist was thinking, doing, trying to convey, etc.

This building defines art to me because it makes me wonder how it stands, what it's made out of, what inspired Gehry. It makes me want to have a conversation with the artist. It makes me want more.

Sophi wrote that she wanted to be her art teacher. Truly inspiring and defining art should make you want to know everything about the creator. I want to be Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment