Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dérive

I found our dérive to be both an interesting and enjoyable experience. Like many other people have said, it was wonderful to get off campus for a while, break free of the "Brown bubble" (as Yasmine put it) and to get out and explore the neighborhood. I left my phone (and, it turned out, my keys! Whoops) at home in an effort to entirely distance myself from all of the silly, small things that we can find ourselves caught up in everyday. I honestly think this helped me focus more on letting go and just... dériving.

Our group started off by Wayland Arch and then drifted down to the India Point/Wickenden Street area. It was a grey, but pleasant day... It might sound strange, but I'm definitely a fan of the bleaker side of autumnal weather. As we strolled, we found lots of adorable, older homes and little shops... The Fox Point neighborhood reminds me a little bit of where I used to live when I was younger.

















*

Overall, I thought our dérive was a success. It was short and sweet, but we learned a lot about the surrounding neighborhood, and discovered all kinds of interesting places that I would love to go back to and explore further. Personally, I would repeat this exercise in a heartbeat.
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment