Monday, November 22, 2010

Leigh Holmes Final project and self portrait

Final Project: For my final project, I am thinking about doing a reproduction of a painting, of what I'm not sure yet. I think landscapes, but i think painting a person would be a challenge that i may try and see if it works out. I also like to work with chalk pastels, so I may reproduce a landscape using those as well.

Self Portrait: I was trying to be creative with my self portrait and not have it be of myself, but of something that represents me. I am a swimmer as well as a student, and swimming the butterfly is something that I truly love doing. So I drew a butterfly to represent swimming, but also to represent that I like to just do my own thing, so I'm just flying with the wind. My eyes are my favorite feature on my face, so i decided to incorporate eyes into my picture. Some butterflies have markings on their wings that resemble eyes, so that is why the wings are all about the eyes. Big eyes, eyelashes, and my own eyes on the bottom wings. The butterfly is also purple cause that is my favorite color. I didn't have an exact purple in my chalk pastel collection, so i tried mixing the colors and still just had a blue/purple color. the butterfly didn't come out as realistic as i would have like as well as how my eyes look. Its too cartoony.

I have my artwork from high school hanging about my room. Since my current self portrait doesn't have my actual face in it, i thought i would share two pieces that did. Both pictures are done with colored pencils.  One was to put yourself in a movie poster... I put myself in Gone with the Wind- best movie of all time(camera reflection from the glass of the frame that it is in) , and then from my freshmen year i did a grid drawing of my sister and me. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment