Monday, November 22, 2010

"self" portrait & final project - Jocelyn W


I wanted my self portrait to be a piece that captured some key aspect of my "self".  The subject of my charcoal drawing is, in fact, my mother.  She has been very influential throughout my entire life, and when I see an image of her, I really do see the ways she has helped shape who I've become.  Now all I wish I could say is that my drawing does her justice (which I don't believe it ever could).  

As for my final project, I would really like to be able to return to the studio and expand upon the experimentations with wood that I began for material alchemy.  I am really fond of the idea of producing a functional object that I can keep and use well into the future.  For now I'm still thinking furniture, but I'm hoping to incorporate a few other elements from previous projects this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment