Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Molly Junck - Book Table

For my material alchemy project, I made a table our of books such that the sides are wood paneling and the top of the table is made of the spines of books.  The part of the table that is keeping the books together is hidden from the eye, and it ended up pretty sturdy. 

Here are some photos:




My dad is actually moving this fall and trying to clean out his house, so a lot of these books are his from college or just collected over the years, which means there's a really random selection and some of them are pretty old.

Molly

3 comments:

  1. I think this is so cool. the idea to use books as part of a table is something that I would never have thought about doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was really interesting. I have always wanted to make some sort of furniture out of books, but was never sure how exactly to go about attaching them to each other. Great job!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete