Monday, November 8, 2010

Junk Jewelry - Sophia Diaz

For my material alchemy project, I made some jewelry out of random things (I worked on this in my dorm room...not really in the shop, haha). I used bobby pins, cut up hair ties, hair clips, and colored and regular paper clips that I either found around my room, didn't use anymore, and/or got at CVS. My beautiful friend Elisa modeled for me. Enjoy!

Paper Clip Bracelet

Bobby Pin Bracelet Close-up

Bobby Pin Bracelet


Plastic Marble Hair Tie Bracelet

Close-up

Red Paper Clip Rose Ring

Close-up

Hair Clip Ring

Close-up

Hair Pin Earrings

Butterfly Hair Clip Earrings

Butterfly Hair Clip Earrings

Close-up


P.S. I might attempt an Arthur Gansen-like sculpture a little later...

1 comment:

  1. Sophia these pieces are really creative and i would have never thought about using hair pieces for jewelry. I've used jewelry: earrings and pins for my hair, but never thought about switching hair pieces. I particularly like the red rose ring. It is so abstract.

    ReplyDelete