Monday, November 22, 2010

09 - Alli Schaaff: Self-Portrait and Final Project


I wanted this self-portrait to represent visually how I feel right now about where I am and where I'm going. I'm looking forward, toward my future. I have so many crazy dreams and ideas about where I'd like to go, but in truth, I can't see very far. With so many interests and opportunities here at Brown, I feel like I'm looking toward the future through a veil. I'm optimistic about it all, but I'm also eager to see what lies ahead.

For my final project, I want to do an oil painting. I've never oil painted in my life, but even before coming to Brown I decided my time here was my best opportunity to learn. I'm so excited to get started - staring at the brand new tubes of paint on my desk is killing me! I'm so excited and looking forward to tomorrow.

Maybe my final project can be sort of combined with the color and light assignment. For color and light, I'd like to reproduce this photograph from my portfolio in oils:



No comments:

Post a Comment