Sunday, November 21, 2010

Final Project- Claudine

For my final project I was thinking of fusing two things I love: drawing and color. I am planning on drawing 3 portraits (Olivia, Yasmine, and Sophia) with stark contrasts and then fuse the drawings with the paper art assignment I explored with in the Material Alchemy portion of our class. It will be similar in style to what Jen Stark does (it will be an explosion of colors cut out slowly to look like topography maps). I might go with different color schemes corresponding to each portrait. I want to convey a sense of youth like Jen Stark does with her work by also including portraiture, one of my favorite things to do. By drawing people, especially friends, I feel like you get to know them in a way you might never have been able to had you not stared at their face and picked out their quirks and features which make them so unique.

1 comment: