Monday, November 22, 2010

Katie - Final Project

For my final project, I want to combine the color and light assignment with some of the 3D aspects of the material alchemy. I want to take a blank canvas and somehow attach three 3D objects (rectangles of wood is my current thought) to the top. Then using the idea of shadow, paint the shadows that would be created if a light were directly above the three objects. Where the shadows overlap, I want to bring back the idea that this is paint and maybe have it drip. I also am toying with the idea of thinking of each light as a different color, so that the shadows will be in that color. Then, where they overlap, not only have it be dripping but also a combination of those colors. Ultimately I want to create the illusion that there is colored light shining down and confuse the viewer as to what is shadow and what is paint. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment