Sunday, November 21, 2010

Charlie--Final Project

For my final project, I will be doing a series of night photographs. Starting my sophomore year of high school, I began to like to shoot in the dark. Night photography has an interesting aesthetic because the actual light that is around (all artificial) renders everything in a totally different manner from how it looks during the day while illuminated by the sun. Objects and buildings take on strange color casts, and moving lights such as the headlights of cars making for an interesting graphic experience. For this project, I will combine both photographs taken here in Providence, as well as some I plan to take over break in DC. I plan to do much of the work using a tripod. This with ultimately give the photos a more pre-meditated look--making them more about visual impact than concerned with spontaneity or capturing the "decisive moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment