Monday, November 22, 2010

Final Project - Austin

I'm more or less debating between two things for my final project right now--either an oil painting or continuing to explore wood carving.

With the oil painting, I have only done two oil paintings before, and I want a chance to continue developing my ability with it, because it might be the medium I love the most. As far as the concept, I am playing with a few different ideas, but I'm pretty sure it would involve a face, or possibly even several figures, probably painted in the tenebrous style of Caravaggio or Rembrandt.

For the wood carving, I'm not really sure what I would do. Maybe still try to carve a face or a head, but this time take a new sort of approach to it, maybe try to use a different sort of wood or tools. I could also try to do a small scale figure of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment